6 APRIL 2020
Forming Intentional Families
Tenet 6: Ask For Forgiveness
1. Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins. To share in his offer of salvation, we too must forgive and recognize our own need for forgiveness.
2. Be the first to forgive. Be a model of humility and forgiveness for your family.
3. "O God, be merciful to me a sinner." Luke 18:13
4. Forgiveness is a decision of the will. It is a choice, not a feeling.
5. "Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times." Matthew 18:20-22
6. "Go first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your gift." Matthew 5:24
7. "Please forgive me," expresses contrition and humility and is preferable to "I'm sorry."
"Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you
will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37
Source: This program was developed over several years by the St. Laurence Pastoral Council (distributed April 2019) in Sugar Land, Texas.
The Ten Tenets of the "Forming Intentional Families" program.
1. Set family priorities.
2. Share family meals.
3. Lead family prayer and teach the faith.
4. Manage / limit media intake.
5. Control pace of life.
6. Forgive easily and often / ask for forgiveness.
7. Encourage active listening / open and honest communication.
8. Schedule family fun and play time.
9. Teach / model responsibility and accountability.
10. Acknowledge and share our gifts and talents.
The World Revolves Around Who? >>>>